ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Programming, setting up and operation of 2 and 3 axis CNC lathes and milling machines as well as multi axis DMG/MORI mill & Turn Machine.-Ability to work with minimal supervision to solve problems related to tooling, programming and methods.-Knowledge of gages and measurement tools and procedures required to check parts for compliantce to the engineering drawing.
- Ability to reduce setup and cycle times through process improvement.
- Develop manufacturing processes to improve manufacturing efficiency and reduce waste.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Preforms daily machine maintenance tasks such as; cleaning, adding fluids and keeping a clean and orderly work area.
- Work with other employees to improve overall department function.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required when needed.
- Work with and mentor lower level employees when required.
- 15+ years’ CNC machining experience and 7 years’ experience using programming software such as Espirit or Mastercam.
- Knowledge of Fanuc and G-code programming is a must.
- Celos knowledge is desirable.
- Manual machining experience is a plus.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in the proper use of precision measuring instruments.
- Knowledge of cutting tools, speeds and feeds.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Basic understanding of computer office software such as Word and Excel.
High School Diploma or GED.