Field Service Engineer
Role & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibility will be to perform maintenance, start-up and commissioning, field service and engineering of electrical power distribution and control equipment, with focus on Russelectric-manufactured equipment.
- Troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers (PLC’s)
- Installation, troubleshooting, and design of 480VAC/12.47KVAC, switchgear, ATS, circuit breakers and generator systems.
- Provide technical support of field startups (standard and non-standard systems), warranty efforts, remedial repairs, and preventative maintenance contracts
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws
- Work will require flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town work
- Strong background in electrical power including low voltage through 32kV class and experience with most types of switchgear testing
- Power distribution, DC/AC, Voltage Circuit Theory and practical troubleshooting skills
- Reading Schematics and blueprints for power control, automation and customer technical support
- Familiarity with all applicable codes and industry standards
- Proficient in dealing with client interactions and completing projects on time and within budget guidelines
- Strong project management skills with excellent decision making, organization and supervisory capabilities
- Excellent supervisory and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service, time management and follow-up skills
- Must be self-directed and very committed to customer satisfaction
- Must be able to operate all types of test equipment, coordinate and manage any size project
- Work effectively with customers, peers and management to resolve client issues
- Valid driver’s license required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Forward resume and qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org