The Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) software engineer will be responsible for the development, modification, and debugging of the PLC control logic used to control and monitor switchgear systems. The engineer will also be responsible for advising the HMI development team to ensure that all specified software operations and features are provided, accurate, and intuitive.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Provide an estimated completion schedule for every programming project
- Develop custom PLC programs using both function block and ladder logic style programming using a standards-based approach
- Work with HMI development team to design project specific HMI control and monitoring screens
- Responsible for alarm and event point assignment, which will be used in HMI development to enhance operator situational awareness
- Provide troubleshooting support for our Hingham MA and Broken Arrow OK factory facilities as well as field service engineers
- Complete all programming projects in a timely manner
- Participates in the continuous improvement of the PLC and HMI programming standards
- Some travel will be required
- Applicable degree in Automation and Control Engineering or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in electrical generator, utility, and substation testing, installation, and maintenance.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
- Experience with a variety of programming PLCs and HMIs, including LM90, VersaPro, Proficy, RSLogix 5000, ProWORX, Step 7, and Wonderware.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming is appreciated.
- Experience with a variety of communication methods, such as Genius, SRTP, Ethernet Global Data, Profinet, and Modbus.
- Strong understanding of diesel generator control and switchgear system operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Forward resume and qualifications to: email@example.com