|The Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software engineer will be responsible for the development, modification, and debugging of the SCADA graphics and scripting used to control and monitor switchgear systems. The engineer will also be responsible for calibrating with the PLC automation team to ensure that all specified software operations and features are provided, accurate, and intuitive.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Provide an estimated completion schedule for every programming project.
- Develop custom SCADA programs using a standards-based approach.
- Work with the engineering team to design project specific SCADA control and monitoring screens.
- Create custom graphics that match the look and feel of company standards, with emphasis on situational awareness.
- Develop and configure automatically generated reports.
- Provide troubleshooting support for our Hingham MA and Broken Arrow OK factory facilities as well as field service engineers.
- Complete all programming projects in a timely manner.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of the PLC and SCADA programming standards.
- Travel Percentage: 0-5%
- Applicable degree in Automation and Control Engineering or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
- Proficiency with windows based operating systems and TCP/IP networks.
- Knowledge of standard data types (Boolean, Integer, Double Integer, Floating Point, etc…)
- Proficiency with a variety of programming OIPs, HMIs, and SCADA systems, including Exor, Wonderware, and RSview.
- Experience with PLC programming software and hardware.
- Experience with a variety of industrial networks and protocols including Genius, SRTP, Ethernet Global Data, Profinet, and Modbus.
- Understanding of 3 phase power and switchgear operation is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Forward resume and qualifications to: email@example.com