Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop schedules, monitor workload capacity and inventory.
- Optimize shop resources to ensure that customer expectations, deadlines and internal financial goals are met
- Create, maintain, and post relevant metrics
- Manage production meetings as required to ensure successful communication and job execution to meet customer expectations and financial goals
- Act as the custodian of work release packages ensuring completeness and accuracy of BOM
- Work with Purchasing, Sales, Engineering to ensure that materials and product release package are available as needed during the production process and to meet shipping plan
- Assist Operations in developing rough capacity weekly model to ensure execution to plan, full utilization of machinery and resources, while maintaining inventory , on time delivery targets, and meeting internal financial goals
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 7+ years of Materials and production planning experience in a design and MTO capital equipment environment required
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on data trending and intuition.
- Basic general business acumen that enables sound decision making and clear communication with Sales, Finance and Engineering.
- Practical knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and CI process, a plus.
- Familiarity to Six-Sigma methodology desirable but not required
- Demonstrated capability to interpret data and trends and developing action plans. A must have.
- Must have a working knowledge of metal fabrication, CNC machining, welding, surface finishing and assembly.
- Experience working in a highly engineered product line in a Lean Mfg. environment is desired
- Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and be at the expert level in Excel or similar software.
- Power user status in ERP systems (i.e.: SAP, Oracle, GP etc.) preferred.
- Avante preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry, work package and schedule
- Clear and positive verbal and written communication skills so as to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email
- Must have a successful track record of leadership, and ability to resolve conflict in a way that promotes teamwork and positive relationships
- Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Forward resume and qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org